Pages

Pages

Welcome text

Sunday, July 12, 2015

OMG I am proud of myself: I first wrote a recipeeeeeeeeeee *_* hahaa

Huhuuuuu my deeeeears ;) 
As some of youuuuuu recommended me to write a little bit about Germany and typical german things, I now thought this would be a good time ;) because many of you will maybe plan to do some holidays ;) so why not come down to Bavaria and visit me hahaaa :) 
So as you all know I live in the South and there unfooooooortunately is no ocean or seaaa :( I would love to have a beach in my near surrounding, but the nearest sea is the Mediteranean Sea or the North or the Baltic Sea.....
But back to the actual topic ;) I just got to know that my auntie in Ireland is doing some campaign which is called: "Rent a Bavarian" :) (which she does for a fund raising society :))
Sounds funny right? ;) hihii actually she offers now to come to your house and cook a typical bavarian or german dish like Spätzle or Applestrudel :) So I thought this is such a good idea and it is time to write a post about a typical german dish and how to prepare and do it ;) 

The only question now was: WHAAAAAAT TO CHOOSE? :S rather something sweet or a main dish? a Brotzeit or a Cake? ;) 
So you maybe remember from one of my earlier posts: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2741704427314265222#editor/target=post;postID=1918907825070796464;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=49;src=postname
that there are so many many delish things :) and as I am such a bad girl at making decisions, I asked my mum ;) 
Hahaaa so we agreed with each other that it would be funny to start with something to bake (because since I can remember I always loved baking with my mammy :)) and soooo I will show you now a typical German cake: Donauwellen (it also was one of my birthday cakes every year:)) sooo yummy :) 


A Donauwelle is usually a sheet cake with several layers. The bottom layer is a black and white cake with cherries inserted. After the baking you spread the cake with a vanilla pudding butter layer and top it with chocolate. Hihiiii as a Nutella girl you can even add some Nutella in the chocolate layer for example *_*


Selfmade by Mama:)
So the ingredients you need are: 


  • Pudding layer:
  • 1 Pkg. Vanilla Pudding
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 500 ml milk
  • 250g soft butter

  • Cake layer:
  • 5 eggs
  • 250g soft, smooth butter
  • 150g sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • 375g flour
  • 2,5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 20g cocoa powder
  • 1 Tablespoon milk
  • 2 glasses (each 400g) sour cherries 
  • (drained from the glass) 

  • Chocolate topping:
  • 200g chocolate, bitter sweet
  • 2 Tablespoons Nutella
  • 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil

Instructions:
  • Before you start baking you should preheat the oven to about 180° 
  • For beginning with the cake layer you need to squirl the butter until it really gets fluuuuuffy 
  • While stirring, you need to add the sugar, vanilla extract and the salt to the creamy mass until a smooth mixture is present
  • Now you can also add all the eggs, by quirling them into the dough on highest stage of your blender 
  • Add the flour combined with the baking powder on a lower level of your blender to the mixture(now it will get more sticky)
  • Spread 2/3 of the dough onto a greased baking tray
  • Mix the rest of the mass with the cocoa powder and the milk and spread it evenly on the white dough 
  • Now it is time to put out the cheeeeeeerries! Place them onto the dark mass and press them carefully into the mass
  • Put the baking tray in the carefully in the oven and let the cake bake for about 40 minutes. But always keep an eye on it while baking...
  • Now while the cake layer is in the oven, we can prepare the pudding/butter cream: Let´s start with making some vanillapudding (like it is written on the back of the pudding package ;)) Let this one cool down afterwards
  • This next step may is a little bit tricky: We take the butter and blend it smoothly and while doing this we put with a tablespoon step by step the pudding into while still quirling the mass all the time (for this you have to make sure that the butter is smooth and has room temperature, because otherwise the whole cream will coagulate and this isn´t tasty then anymore) 
  • In the meantime, if the cake layer is ready in the oven, you can put it out and simply let it cool down
  • If the cake is cooled down you carefully can spread the whole pudding cream evenly on it and put the whole cake in the fridge (for almost 1 hour minimum) 
  • Now you can put the chocolate, the oil and if you also like it the Nutella into a water bath for melting the chocolate and receiving a nice and creamy chooooocolatey mass ------> chocolate heaven
  • Afterwards you can meticulous spread the chocolate on the cake and make your own ornaments and decorations on it 
  • Let it again cool down until you wanna serve it :) 
FINISH!!! Now cut it into small squares and seeeeeeeerve AND my lovely eeeeeaters (ooooops of course I meant readers:D hahaaa EAT it =) hope you enjoy it and my recipe is successful *_*
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow that cake looks ammaaaaaaazing! You are so clever girlie! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww *_* thanks so so much Annieee :) muchas gracias :D heheeee I hope it turns out well, if you give it a try :) xxx Wish you a lovely day <3

      Delete
  2. OMG huniiiii it looks sooo amazing omg hun I must try and make this!!! OOh hun I am really interested in the German cuisine would love to see more posts like this hun ;) thank you so so much for sharingggg huni love you so so much <3 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooooh my irish gaaaaaal *_* I am so happy you liked iiiiiit :) Oh and I am so proud you want to give it a try, as I know hun you are such a talented baker and I am sure they will turn out so well in your little kitchen :D Hahaaa I love u so so much my huunniii <3 hope you are doing fineee <3 xxx

      Delete